Rather than provide a job description of tasks and responsibilities, we have chosen to introduce the job we seek to fill through narrative. After reading through this narrative, which attempts to paint a picture of our religious education program today as well as our dreams for the future, we hope you will be inspired to learn more.
Check out our DRE Search Packet!
for more information: Kate Stamm, kstamm6 [at] gmail [dot] com
Seeking candidates for the Director of Religious Education (DRE – 25 hours a week) and Youth Advisor (YA – 10 hours) positions. This is offered as a combined position; however, we are also open to filling the positions individually. Potential for growth into full-time position incorporating life-span RE as congregation and program grows.
Click here for full job descriptions and info on how to apply.
The First Universalist Society in Franklin, MA (FUSF) is seeking a three-quarters time Director of Religious Education (DRE) to lead our religious education program and to provide guidance, support, and organization for our volunteer teaching teams. We are a vibrant, welcoming, and theologically diverse spiritual community of approximately 350 adults and children with a history that stretches back more than 150 years. Our community provides a supportive, nurturing family environment in which we minister to each other under the caring and sensitive guidance of our parish minister. Religious Education takes place in its own building wing. Our worship services are spiritually uplifting, thought provoking, and characterized by music, laughter, and sometimes tears. The selected DRE will be a prime contributor not only to the spiritual health of our existing community but to its growth as well.
Brooksby Village in Peabody, MA – a large, vibrant retirement community, is seeking an organist/choir accompanist for their weekly Worship Service. The ideal candidate will possess strong keyboard skills on organ and piano, as well as experience accompanying choirs.
The organist would play the Allen Organ and/or the Piano for each 11am Sunday worship service in the Chapel. They will also accompany the 30+ member choir at its warm-up rehearsal on Sunday morning at 10am, and at its weekly 1.5 hour rehearsal (on a separate day to be negotiated). The choir is conducted by a separate director.
The position runs weekly from September through June each year. Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should contact:
Rev. Chad William Kidd, Pastoral Ministries Manager
Email your resume and cover letter to Chad [dot] Kidd [at] Erickson [dot] com
In June 2014, our longtime Director of Religious Education will retire. The congregation has chosen to seek an Interim Director of Religious Education for one to two years to manage the program and facilitate a process of reflection, re-imagining, and planning for the future of this highly valued program. There is great anticipation for what is possible.
Please see the complete job description on our website.
Seeking administrative assistant 18 hours per week in the Boston office of the CLF. In this position, you will provide administrative support, data processing and light bookkeeping. For a complete job description and details on how to apply, click here.
Basic Purpose: To write high quality original news reports and feature articles for UU World’s print and online
Click this link for full description.
Job Desctription in Brief:
To maintain our strong faith development programs for children and youth, to evaluate those programs, and to support our search for a permanent Director of Religious Exploration.
Title: Interim Director of Religious Exploration
Hours: Full-time with flexible schedule including weekends and some evenings Salary: Commensurate with experience, within the UUA guidelines
Term: One church year 2014-2015 with a flexible summer start date
Please see the website for more full job description:
- Establish a weekly rehearsal schedule for children’s choir. Work with volunteer accompanists for rehearsals and performances as needed.
- In collaboration with Music Director, Religious Education director and Interim Minister, establish monthly performance times for the children’s choir during Sunday services.
- Select age appropriate music with content generally supporting service themes. Order music and supplies, working within the Music Committee budget.
- Provide parents with information about the children’s choir via newsletter, bulletin boards, etc. Encourage parental help during rehearsals.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Music, with training in choral conducting and music education
- Experience working with children in a choral setting. Knowledge of vocal technique and an understanding of how to foster vocal development in young singers
- Have the ability to work collaboratively with minister, staff and parents.
- Have a basic understanding of the way children and youth learn and enjoy working with young people.
- Have a basic understanding of UU principles, purpose, and practices
- Be open to multiple musical styles including traditional and contemporary hymns, classical, folk, rock, world and jazz influences, and social justice songs
- Ability to learn music quickly and keyboard skills are highly desirable.
Scope and Compensation of Position---
This is a .125 (1/8 FTE) position – compensation will be $450 per month. For further information, or to submit resume and cover letter, contact music [at] firstparish [dot] info.
Seeking a dynamic, engaging, committed person to assist the Director of Youth Ministries plan and lead the activities of the Winchester Unitarian Society Youth Group. The position is part time and will begin January 2014 and continue through July 1, 2014.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to Gamal Smith, Youth Director, at Gamal [dot] smith [at] winchesteruu [dot] org.
Click here for full job description.
- Contact us
- Join Our Mailing List
- About CBD
- About MBD
- Programs / Trainings
- Justice Ministries
- About UUism
- Transitions & Employment