This year's theme for General Assembly in Portland, Oregon was Building a New Way. Many GA events offered a faithful response to the changing landscape of religion, culture, and demographics in the United States. Among them, our regional lead Rev. Sue Phillips offered two workshops on Congregational Polity; go here to read the scripts.
Pictured: Your cheerful New England Regional Program Staff after a long day of meetings, workshops and worship.
Regionalization in New England has been realized. Our transformation began several years ago, in careful steps and stages, with a vision to streamline governance, create efficiencies, and more closely align mission across all districts of our association. Through covenantal relationships in our work, we have journeyed together and have now arrived.
We are four districts, six states, that that are served by a single integrated staff team, with expertise in every area of congregational life. We have offices in Concord, NH and Watertown, MA, and staff physically spread out across New England.
The core purpose of our work is
- to deepen INTERCONNECTION by cultivating relationships between and among congregations;
- to grow INNOVATION by inspiring and coaching new and innovative models of "doing church;" and
- to enhance IMPACT by midwifing existing congregations to their next level of impact.
Our program staff are often the first and primary source of support, counsel and information for lay and professional leaders. Contact us for any of the following
- individual and group consultations and coaching
- board/leadership retreat facilitation
- conflict transformation
- support for ministers and congregations in ministerial transition
- search and settlement support for interim, part-time and consulting ministries
- consultation on congregtionally-based justice ministries
- support and services for religious educators
Program staff also designs and delivers learning events. We're planning more than 30 trainings, workshops, and programs for the 2015-2016 church year. Dates and locations will be confirmed by the end of summer. These programs are designed to broaden knowledge, develop leadership skills, spark ideas and connect members of sibling congregations with one another. We hope to see you sometime this year.
- Contact us
- Events / Trainings
- Transitions & Employment
Fri, 09/11/2015 - 6:00pm
Tue, 09/22/2015 - 10:00am
Sat, 09/26/2015 - 9:00am
Tue, 09/29/2015 - 10:00am
Tue, 10/13/2015 - 10:30am
Sun, 09/20/2015 - 3:00pm
Fri, 10/16/2015 - 6:30pm
Sat, 10/17/2015 - 9:30am